This will NOT work with the OEM intercooler. This product will only work with aftermarket intercoolers with an outlet size of 63-67mm (Cold Side). It works flawlessly with the Forge intercooler FMINT15.
After already developing many performance upgrades for the Hyundai I30N & Veloster N the Forge Motorsport engineers have found another area for improvement of Hyundai’s Hot hatch. This time it is the boost pipe which runs from the outlet of the intercooler to the intake manifold.
When looking at the OE hose it was clear to see there was room for improvement so after a lot of testing, Forge settled on a 70mm outer diameter mandrel bent alloy hard pipe and silicone joiners. Alloy billet CNC machine bosses are used, so that all original attachments fit perfectly. When compared to the OE hose the improvements are clear to see, the inlet bore diameter has now been increased from 51mm to 70mm outer diameter.
The increase in diameter of the Forge pipe work allows for a greater air flow which in turn maximises the volume of air being forced into the engine. This has the benefit of improving both performance and efficiency especially on vehicles running after market software. This is a must have product for anyone trying to achieve the maximum performance from their I30N/Veloster N.
Forge have also incorporated a 2 x 1/8th" water meth/nitrous boss into the design for tuners to keep inlet air temperatures on the safer side while pushing the 2.0 Hyundai engine to its limits and aiding the option for a maximum power output.
Why not add gold tape to the alloy pipe to further reflect any heat soak from the engine and keep inlet charge temperatures as low as possible. The Gold tape comes on a 5metre roll allowing you to apply it to your Forge Motorsport product.
- Supplied with a durable black powder coated finish or Raw aluminium.
- Minimal airflow disruption
- Increased diameter giving increased flow compared to OEM
- Mandrel bent single piece aluminium pipework
- CNC machined billet couplers
- The Forge silicone hoses in this kit have been designed to include an expensive inner liner of modified silicone known as Fluoro silicone. This means the hoses are suitable to be used with either modern long-life coolants, Organic Acid Technology coolants (O.A.T.) or air containing oil mist. The construction of the hoses has been engineered to exceed that of the OEM fitments and will enhance any engine bay both technically and aesthetically. The use of a Fluoro silicone liner ensures that Forge silicone hoses are the clear market leader
- No engine check lights (EML)
- Lifetime warranty